At Kiln, we’re in the business of supporting our local communities. This year, we’ve witnessed the power, resilience, and grit of small businesses in Utah and Colorado.
It’s more important than ever before to Shop Small and Shop Local this holiday season so we dedicated the whole month of December to supporting small businesses. This initiative consisted of shopping locally for member events, gifting local business gift cards to our members, and posting weekly small business guides. If you'd like to find small businesses to shop, eat, and experience, check out our Instagram page for the full list!
Our Utah Gift Guide features local businesses, pop-up shops, and artists. Here’s the rundown:
- At lonelyghost.co find amazing tees, hoodies, masks, keychains, and more. Shop online, or visit their brand new storefront in Lehi!
- Salt and Honey Market is a retail collective -- here you’ll find something for everyone. Shop books, art, prints, apparel, accessories, jewelry, stationery, and beauty products online or in stores in Salt Lake or Murray.
- For the sweet tooth in your life, try Ritual Chocolate in Park City and Heber. Try the subscription box for limited edition treats. You won’t regret it.
- For the beauty guru turned beer lover, Batch Twenty-One is a Salt Lake-based, hand-crafted skincare line incorporating hemp and hops in their products.
- Support local artists through the Park City Summit County Art Council’s Brand PC Holiday Pop-Up Shop. It’s located on Park City’s Main Street through Dec 31st and features ornaments, jewelry, merchandise, ceramics, and flowers designed by local creators.
- Lucky Penny Publications covers all things kids and national parks. Their children’s books do not disappoint.
- Thyme and Place is a local go-to for your next houseplant or last-minute holiday wreath. Visit in SLC!
In Colorado, our gift guide is perfect for Kiln’s outdoor adventurers and the apres-ski obsessed. Check out:
- ZealOptics for skiing goggles and sunglasses that are eco-friendly!
- Jones + CO Modern Mercantile for artisan-crafted and environmentally friendly loungewear, hats, and all things beauty and wellness. Stop by on Pearl, just down the street from Kiln Boulder, and pick up the perfect work-from-home outfit for your day off the slopes.
- Miriam’s for the comfiest women’s sweater. And same-day delivery to Boulder County!
- The oldest bike shop in Boulder, Full Cycle, for all of your cycling needs from tune-ups to rentals to gear. It's a one-stop-shop kind of place.
- Cured Boulder for the ultimate picnic setup, apres-ski charcuterie board, and hand-picked wine and booze to go. It’s a place that’s all about preserving personal connection to food, and they’ve got it down.
- Topo Designs in Denver and Fort Collins for packs and bags, hiking accessories, and all of your outfitting needs for your next backcountry adventure.
- Cedar & Hyde Mercantile for minimalist and envy-inducing home and lifestyle decor.
This year, a gift from a local shop or creator will mean more to your loved ones than ever. Our artists and designers are the heart of our communities, and many of our most cherished traditions are inspired and organized by them. Bring their work into your homes and hearts this year for the holidays.
PS: If you’ve already done your holiday shopping, make sure to support local businesses by liking and resharing their social media, leaving Google and Yelp reviews, and spreading the word to your friends and family. Or pay it forward and support your local favorites by purchasing gift cards for a guilt-free shopping spree post-pandemic. At Kiln, we’re all about uplifting the communities that we call home.